Saturday, June 25, 2005

84 degrees and fair?

The weather bot on my blog cannot be right. It is boiling hot today. The whole city appears to be at the beach, there's really nothing going on.

I'm staying in to work on my database! YEA! I may have to go have a grapefruit gelato later.

Dinner tonight will be flat bean salad with marinated anchovy fillets, the big ones they have here. I found a store that has Calabrian specialties and other specialty foods on Via dei Serpenti with a half dozen kinds of marinating fishes. In the refrigerated case in front they have what looks to me like $50,000 worth of truffles, porcini mushrooms and oyster mushrooms.

Speaking of truffles, I've looked ahead to festivals in Bologna this fall: Northern Italy is a good place to be when they bring in the grapes and hunt for truffles and serve lots of game and fresh sausages. Think November visits, I'll scope out some agriturismo places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home