Thursday, June 09, 2005

fotos!

I owe my faithful readers, both of you, some pictures. I've been very busy between getting to the library and entertaining the staff there with my complete ineptitude figuring out the process of getting books and accompanying my mother to various sites in this sculpture Mecca. Then, of course, thinking about what to eat is so hard...

Yesterday the weather was too beautiful to stay inside, cool and sunny, so I skipped the library to go to the Modern Art Gallery in the Villa Borghese with Mom. It was a fantastic place, with no tourists or crowds of any kind. Modern, by the way is 19th century to the 1950s. I was happy to get to see some Futurists, who I am repelled and fascinated by.

On the gastronomic front, we've been eating out often but have cooked simple dinners for ourselves as well. The best restaurant find so far has been a Sicilian place Mom spotted, where we had a marvelous fresh tuna in agrodolce, baked ricotta with orange mostarda to start, swordfish stuffed with breadcrumbs and a caponata that elevated eggplant to a celestial plane. Lots of simple pizza dinners, but even those are fantastic. My favorite, and I have to really force myself not to eat them all the time, are the pizzas baked plain - with raw buffalo mozzarella and raw cherry tomatoes and basil or arugula on top. Also the zucchini flowers and anchovies...

now some photos:

2 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

I love the Futurists.
And banana plants.
Also, I once got into that museum when they were closed because Flavio told them I was an important professor visiting from New York...at least I think it was that museum. Can you imagine?

You're killing me with these pictures. I can pretty much smell the cool air and tile when the door to the house opens.

June 09, 2005 5:15 PM  
Blogger Miss Adventure said...

I'll blog a picture of il banano.

June 14, 2005 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home