Tuesday, June 14, 2005

lungotevere

I had a great walk home this evening along the Tiber, one of those sudden moments of awareness of everything going on around me and in my head as if I'd just dropped out of the sky. "Hold on, how did I get here? What is this place?". I was listening to Regina Spektor, so adorably pretentious and naive at the same time; she was taking me from near tears to giggling aloud. I was noticing all the weird details around me, the bronze sword-weilding angels on the bridge, creepy discarded objects on the sidewalk: beer bottles, bloody newspapers (I swear there was a body part wrapped in it, I scuttled past imagining an ear or a hand), lost clothing. It was exactly that time of late afternoon when the sun strikes at a soft-focus angle and casts a warm color over the stones. Squished apricots had fallen from a tree inside someone's walled garden.

I'm off to enjoy my evening. Some fotos and restaurant recommendations to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home