Monday, June 13, 2005

of course...the menu

almost forgot...

At Ferrara, which had the most exciting menu I've seen yet, I started with a puree of fava beans and peas served with dollops of exquisite Amatriciana sauce -- tomatoes cooked to perfect concentration of their flavors with guanciale (sort of bacon made with hog jowls) -- and ricotta. Then I had veal liver with pancetta (more bacon!) and arugula. Mom had zucchini flowers stuffed with ricotta, not mozzarella, and just sauteed, not deep-fried, followed by wild asparagus and lobster risotto. All of it was truly magnificent. Instead of dessert we each had a little glass of amaro made by somebody's grandmother's secret recipe... Not cheap, but so worth a splurge.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lobster risotto? My mouth is literally watering as I type. I found a bus like that in Peru - always full of people, always travelling at high speeds through the neighborhood, never stopping. Perhaps it was the same one, and just has an extended route?

June 14, 2005 5:40 PM  
Blogger Miss Adventure said...

Three of this bus could fit in a NY subway car. And I was nearly run over by it again today! Damn number 125!!!

We'll have squid ink risotto in Venice, yum. I could eat squids and squids and squids all day every day.

June 14, 2005 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home