Wednesday, June 15, 2005

new home

Some misadventures along the way, but I've made it to my new home in Monti. It was impossible to call a taxi this morning -- raining so everyone wanted one -- so I had to drag my gigantic bag towards a populated area to try to hail one. On the way, I stopped to ask some old men standing in the doorway of a barbershop where the nearest place to find one would be, they insisted on calling for me and entertaining me with stories about their experiences in New York. Divertente.
I've unpacked my things at Giulia's, I'm very content to settle into my old room. Giulia is wonderful, we enjoyed talking again after years.

unpacked just in time to pack for Venice. it's a tough life.

1 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

Remember to wash out the bowls you use for eggs.

How is Mr. Banana? You can't leave me hanging like this.

June 15, 2005 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home