Thursday, July 07, 2005

help?

What is to be done? My allergies of cats have become so severe that they're seriously interrupting my social life. I was over at a friend's house yesterday and as difficult as it was, did not pick up and cuddle his two tiny grey and white kittens. I popped a Claritin and hoped for the best. Regardless, within minutes I was wheezing and coughing. My head doesn't get too congested if I take the Claritin but I get sudden asthma attacks. I'm still not 100% today.

I spoke with a pharmacist yesterday. She was very sensible, "Stay away from cats. Make new friends. Nothing else works and it will keep getting worse and worse. You can't mess around with asthma." That wasn't what I wanted to hear but I was glad she didn't just try to sell me something that wouldn't work.

So is that it? Make new friends? Refuse invitations to people's homes? Remember to ask if they have cats before going for dinner? No more visits to Nellie or my other good friends with cats?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home