Saturday, June 11, 2005

daisy millerfied

Unlike Daisy I've been taken out by an ordinary cold - no dramatic death by malaria for me. It is an excellent excuse to sit in the sun, eat lots and read. Mom is cooking for me: lots of fresh pasta made by the Sardinian folks down the street and of course salads of this gorgeous produce.

We walked out of the apartment this morning to have a coffee and pastry on Piazza della Malva, one of our favorite quieter spots in Trastevere. The restaurateurs were out getting deliveries of crates of zucchinis with blossoms still on them, rucola, tiny French beans. By now all the tourists are out and it is getting hot, time for us to retreat to the botanical gardens or some other out of the way spot.

no time to waste at the internet point. Mom has gifts to buy for the family and I have a sinus headache coming on.

a presto

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine Testa said...

make sure you eat a fried zucchini blossom in Rome, they stuff it with an anchovie and cheese.

June 11, 2005 6:27 PM  
Blogger Miss Adventure said...

good advice - they're one of my favorites. I have to go easy on the fried stuff, but I've been enjoying the fiori di zucca and fried artichokes and codfish fillets.

June 12, 2005 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home