Sunday, June 12, 2005

final day with Mom

we had a quick stop in the Porta Portese this morning - the place is such a zoo - to get a special present for one of my relatives. now you can all anticipate who gets a present...

I really enjoy haggling with the merchants. The African men with their knock-off goods can be so relentless, I am learning the feigned disinterest, the mild insults of quality of goods, the slight curl of the upper lip and clear willingness to walk away at any time that is getting me half the prices they start with.

Off to some of the important churches and hopefully a stop at Cavour 313 for lunch, one of my favorite enoteche. I'm hoping for plates of artisanal cheeses and wine tasting and probably a well-deserved nap afterwards.

The cold is much better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you count me as one of your faithful readers? Because if not, add me in. You better get over this cold by Thursday lady, because I've never heard of half of this food you're talking about and I'm counting on you to enlighten me.

June 13, 2005 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home