Monday, June 20, 2005

finalmente!!!

I gave myself a present this afternoon of a small splurge on lunch at Cavour 313, where I enoyed a salad of marinated anchovies and flat beans with some roasted red pepper and ricotta spread on crusty bread and a little glass of white wine. That in itself was wonderful, but made even more so when I ducked into an alley to take the long way home rather than the short unshaded way. On the cool pavements of Via della Madonna dei Monti I discovered a new bar with some kind of writing about travel library on the shopfront. On closer inspection, it is an elegant little cafe/bar/bookstore/travel agency that is promoting itself as encouraging exploration of the world - come read books on travel. buy books on travel, enjoy a drink, and hopefully book a trip through them. Cool enough so far but the best part....free wireless internet. This is unheard of! The access is reserved for customers, however, so I have to sit and have some sparkling prosecco with the little bites they bring me alongside it. I'm so excited, I don't know if these people understand they've just taken on a tenant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home