Thursday, July 07, 2005

earth is not a nice place to live

I feel like I've been pretending otherwise, working at living well here in Italy, bumping along on my research and writing about everyday things. Then, senseless violence.

To top it off, I was hit by a bus today. I'm fine, not even bruised, but (pardon my language) I was hit by a fucking bus!!! The cretin driving was too close to the curb and caught me with the side mirror in my shoulder.

I don't think cheese and wine are going to provide much comfort. I'm sending lots of love to all my friends and family and everyone else.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buses bounce off you but kittens are kryptonite! Look both ways nevertheless. Remember Rebecca Spitz.

July 08, 2005 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bus? That's hardcore. I refuse to believe that never coming over to my house again is the solution to your allergy woes. A) who would cook me great dinners on Thursday nights? B) jezebel would think you deserted her. Saddest thing in the world is watching a cat cry from a broken heart, Laura. What about allergy shots? You have to be systematic about getting the boosters, but they could make you immune for life.

July 08, 2005 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home